Re: [8023-10GEPON] [POWER_BUDGET] SOA/PIN for 10G/1G OLT receiver

Dear David,

Thank you for your exciting presentation yesterday.
I would like to confirm off-line talks with you yesterday.

I asked you to perform followings to validate your proposal and
you kindly accepted these requests.
(1)To provide some results (if possible, both experimental and
numerical) of BER curve measurements including BERs below 10E-12
 to confirm whether there are error floors because I think
“error floor” means that the SNR does not linearly improve
with the optical input power and stay around an insufficient
SNR value.
(2)To provide some results of “Q” measurements to experime
-ntally confirm whether there are error floors because I think
it is hard (or takes a very long time) to measure sensitivities
 at low bit-error rates.

Best regards,
Ken-Ichi

Ken-Ichi Suzuki