From: Lingle, Jr, Robert (Robert) [mailto:rlingle@OFSOPTICS.COM]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 12:35 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [8023-10GEPON] nonlinear penalties with analog video overlay

All,

One objection raised in Geneva to using D/S configuration of an amplified
EML at OLT and a PIN at ONU was non-linear penalty in the presence of analog
video.

David Piehler of Alphion offered this analysis to the Chair of what he calls
"a very worst case scenario" to support the idea that XPM is not an issue
for amplified EMLs and analog video overlay.

 <<Cross Phase Modulation (XPM).pdf>>

Please discuss on the Reflector this on whether this satisfies all
objections for XPM.

Warmest regards,
Robert

Robert Lingle, Jr.
Fiber Design and Transmission Simulation
OFS Corporate R&D, Atlanta
404-886-3581 (cell)
770-798-5015 (office)

Cross Phase Modulation (XPM).pdf