[8023-10GEPON] September meeting materials uploaded

Dear Colleagues,

September meeting minutes (unapproved) have been posted at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_09/3av_0709_minutes_unapproved.p
df

I would like to thank Samsung and ETRI for providing great meeting
venue. For those who missed the meeting, below is a brief summary of
progress made in Seoul and the tasks set for November.

The 802.3av task force has reviewed 24 presentations; 8 of these were
submitted from the floor during the meeting. All the presentations are
available at http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_09/index.html. We
have accepted 11 baseline proposals (see
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/baseline.html).

At this meeting we have overcame the PIN-vs-APD deadlock we were in for
the past several meetings. The TF has made great progress in narrowing
down ranges for PMD parameters, as shown below:

OLT Transceiver
---------------
PR10:	Hi-EML / APD
PR20:	EML + AMP / APD
PR30:	Hi-EML / APD

ONU Transceiver
---------------
PR10:	DML / PIN-PD
PR20:	DML / PIN-PD
PR30:	Hi-DML / APD

We also accepted the following wavelength ranges:

Upstream
--------
PR10: 1260-1280 nm
PR20: 1260-1280 nm
PR30: 1260-1280 nm

Downstream
----------
PR10: ? nm
PR20: ? nm
PR30: 1574-1580 nm

The task force has also approved a revised Link Model document
(http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/3av_0709_linkmodel_v2_0.xls).

Our main task for the next meeting is to review and accept specific PMD
parameters, including wavelength ranges for PR10 and PR20. We should
also start discussing PMD timing parameters, such as laser on/off times,
AGC and CDR times, and whether any of these parameters should be
different from their 1GEPON counterparts.

As always, I encourage you to circulate proposals on the reflector
early.

Sincerely,

Glen Kramer,
Chair, IEEE P802.3av task force