From: ext Akihiro Otaka [mailto:ootaka@ANSL.NTT.CO.JP]
Sent: quinta-feira, 8 de Novembro de 2007 10:26
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [8023-10GEPON] PR-20 Performance comparison between 1550nm and 1590 nm

Dear Bong Kyu Kim,

This is Akihiro Otaka.
Thank you for the slide.

I have just one comment about fiber loss.

I understand that the IEC standard say nothing about macrobending
  loss of r=10mm. Therefore, the value of r=10mm should be a
vender specific value. These values may be different from venders.
And I think that some venders may not guarantee such values,
and that some venders may guarantee the smaller value.
I don't think the discussion based on such kind of value is usefull.
And if we use the value of  r=30mm shown in the standard,
there is no difference between 1550 nm and 1590 nm.

Of course, in the real installation, you can allocate 20dB CHIL for
any kinds of loss in ODN. I think it is out of scope of the task
force.

And the transmission loss of 1590 nm and 1260 nm is nearly
the same. So, in my understanding, I have to design the ODN loss using
1260 nm, whether 1550 nm or 1590 nm.

Best regards,
Akihiro Otaka
NTT