[8023-10GEPON] November 2007 meeting report

Dear Colleagues,

All November meeting materials have been updated and uploaded to the web. Please see http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_11/index.html.

Below is a short overview of the main achievements.

1) We accepted several important baseline proposals (refer to minutes in http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_11/3av_0711_minutes_unapproved.pdf)
        a) Adopted power budgets (see Motion 3)
        b) Selected remaining wavelength bands (see Motion 4)
        c) Selected FEC based on RS(255,223,8) (see Motion 7)
        d) Adopted MPCP-based handshake to allow adjustable laser on/off times (see Motion 10)

2) We approved the updated version (v2.1) of our Link Model spreadsheet (see Motion 9). The spreadsheet is located at http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/3av_0711_linkmodel_v2_1.xls.

3) We adopted power budget and PMD names (see Motions 5 and 6)
4) We approved draft 1.0 (!)(see Motion 11)
5) We approved project timeline (see Motion 12)

As a group exercise, on Thursday the task force has spent several hours commenting on draft 1.0 and resolving submitted comments. A total of 6 comments were submitted and reviewed. Reports on proposed responses and on accepted responses are published here:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_11/3av_0711_responses_proposed.pdf
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2007_11/3av_0711_responses_accepted.pdf

These changes will be incorporated in draft 1.1 after the January meeting. The editors continue to accept comments against D1.0. Comment submission period ends December 17th, 2007 (a separate e-mail on this will follow).

The following action items were identified for the January meeting:

1)      Burst mode timing study (AGC, CDR) (contact Haim Ben-Amram)
2)      Define TDP values (contact Hiroshi Hamano)
3)      Jitter Budgets Reference Model (contact Vijay Pathak)
4)      PRX30 Upstream power budget (contact Marek Hajduczenia)
5)      Synchronization FSM (contact Frank Effenberger)
6)      BER monitoring (contact Jeff Mandin)
7)      Link fault Signaling (contact Jeff Mandin)
8)      PCS diagnostic modes (contact Jeff Mandin)
9)      Coexistence clause/annex (model description, layering diagram, dual-rate burst-mode receiver) (ad hoc leader wanted)

The individuals noted as contacts agreed to coordinate the corresponding ad hoc activities. If you are interested in participating in any of these ad hoc groups, please contact corresponding coordinator.

I would like to thank all TF members who attended the November meeting and made it a very productive event. Authors, please remember to check the uploaded presentations to make sure that the final (as presented) version was uploaded.

Thanks you,
Glen Kramer, P802.3av task force chair