From: ext Pete Anslow [mailto:pja@NORTEL.COM]
Sent: terça-feira, 11 de Dezembro de 2007 10:43
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [8023-10GEPON] Define TDP values

Mike,

I have two issues with what you say.

Firstly, you said:

I disagree with this.

I defined the various quantities as:

TP = Test Tx with pure attenuation Ideal Tx with pure attenuation

DP = Test Tx with worst_case PON (with dispersion and attenuation) - Test Tx with best_case PON (no dispersion, pure attenuation)

TDP = Test Tx with worst_case PON (with dispersion and attenuation) - Ideal Tx with pure attenuation

This definition of DP means that the additional effects you mention are already present when the DP value is measured and are therefore taken in to account.  The difficulty one may encounter in this regard is when you calculate the value of DP alone you have to take account of these effects closing the eye also.

Anyhow, when I proposed this split TDP into DP and TP my intention was that this would apply only to the spreadsheet to allow the DP portion to be compared to the calculated value.  It was never my intention that the 10G EPON specification would reflect these as separate penalties.  The IEEE way of doing things lumps all the penalties into the TDP value and I was not proposing to alter this at all. However since there has been a negative reaction to the suggestion I will drop it.

The second issue I have is that you said:

Doesnt this include TDP twice?  I think it should be one of:

Tx_OMA (min) >= Link attenuation + "small margin" + Stressed_RX_sensitivity_OMA

Tx_OMA (min) >= Link attenuation + TDP + "small margin" + RX_sensitivity_OMA

Where RX_sensitivity_OMA is the receiver sensitivity (OMA) with attenuation only and an ideal Tx.

Regards,

Pete Anslow

Nortel Networks UK Limited, London Rd, Harlow, Essex CM17 9NA, UK

External +44 1279 402540 ESN 742 2540

Fax +44 1279 402543