[8023-10GEPON] Proposed responses to D1.0 comments uploaded

Dear colleagues,

First of all, let me thank our editors, who, I am sure, have had a memorable holiday season writing responses to 239 comments.

The responses are now uploaded to http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2008_01/3av_0801_comments_d1_0_proposed.pdf.

Several comments, submitted as Editorial actually proposed changes to the technical content of the draft. I have requested editors to reclassify the following comments from Editorial to Technical (or from Editorial Required to Technical Required): 79, 347, 349, 100, 337, 66, 65, 76, 72, 67, 359, 407, 102, 363, 364, 365, 106, 80, 81, 70, 82, 83, 94, 98, 99, 10, 342.

With the above reclassification we have the following tally:

Technical                       - 93 comments
Technical Required      - 37 comments
Editorial                       - 89 comments
Editorial Required      - 20 comments
TOTAL                   - 239 comments

We will have very packed schedule in Portland. Please, review the proposed responses in advance.

A number of comments were rejected because a commenter has failed to provide sufficient description of a problem or suggested remedy. Please, remember that both of these fields are mandatory. At this time, we will not accept any changes to the comment text or the suggested remedy. However, if you believe that, despite the adequate description, the editors have missed the essence of your comment, please contact the editors with a clarification.  If editors change any of their proposed responses, a new file will be posted and announcement will be made on this reflector.

Do not contact editors if you simply disagree with the proposed response - remember that the final response should be agreed by the entire TF (>= 75% for T and TR, >= 50% for E and ER) and may be different from what editors propose.

Finally, we will try to approve all E and ER comments in bulk. Please, review all E and ER comments and if you believe any of these comments should be discussed individually, be ready to request so during the meeting.

Best Regards,
Glen Kramer