Re: [8023-10GEPON] Comment resolution for D1.0

Dear all,

Brad brought up an important point that may not be clear to all task force members yet. In the task force review stage, we are not required to recalculate comments and TR comments do not carry more weight then T comments. We don't even need to resolve all the comments to create the next draft. And as you could see, our editors have produced draft D1.1, even without getting all the sign-offs on ER and TR comments.

However, you will see that ER and TR comments are handled differently at the working group ballot stage, i.e., a verbal or written sign-off will be required. Since our group consists of many first-time attendees, we will also collect verbal or written sign-offs for the ER/TR comments, so that we all, and especially, first-timers learn and get used to proper procedures.

Besides, since we gave the editors the authority to resolve all ERs and Es as they see fit, asking for a written sign-off will prompt the commenters to look at the final responses and check the work that editors have done.

In short, you don't have to submit ER or TR, but if you did, be ready to be asked to do a sign-off after the comment is resolved.

I attached the list of comments requiring sing-off again. If you see your name, please respond as shown in the e-mail from Duane below.

Thank you,

Glen Kramer
Chair, IEEE P802.3av Task Force