[8023-10GEPON] April Interim Meeting - poll results are in

Dear colleagues,

I received 50 responses to the poll on preferred dates of April interim meeting. We need to meet for two days and the options were:
- Sunday, April 13, 2008
- Monday, April 14, 2008
- Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Out of 50, 14 people indicated that they will not attend on any of these dates (and with a very few exceptions, none of them have attended our meetings before.)

Among the remaining 36 responses, preferences were as follows:

Day                                     Sunday  Monday  Tuesday

Will attend (YES)                       21              29              19
Likely to attend (Maybe)        8               6               6
Will not attend (NO)            7               1               11

With a slight margin, Sunday won over Tuesday. I appreciate the devotion of local attendees who agree to make it a working Sunday. (As for the rest of us, coming from Europe or US, weekend is gone, no matter whether we start Monday or Sunday).

NTT Access Lab has graciously agreed to host the meeting. I asked Fujimoto-san to make necessary reservations for Sunday, April 13 and Monday, April, 14th. Tentative venue is in the vicinity of Akihabara station, an area also known as Akihabara Electric City, for its abundance of electronic and computer shops (http://www.akiba.or.jp/english/).

Additional information will be announced as soon as it becomes available. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Glen Kramer
Chair, IEEE P802.3av task Force