Re: [8023-10GEPON] Optical Overload Ad-Hoc announcement

Dear Dr. Effenberger,

I understand your discussion that damage threshold for upstream burst-mode
receiver should remain overload+1 and that for downstream CW-mode receiver
may be assigned -3dBm, because it is technically feasible.
But we are discussing the standard, which specifies technical requirements,
not datasheets, which may describe some product feature.
I think we must not define only feasibility in the standard without technical
requirements.

Best regards,
Hiroshi Hamano

%% Frank Effenberger <feffenberger@HUAWEI.COM>
%% Re: [8023-10GEPON] Optical Overload Ad-Hoc announcement
%% Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:16:20 -0400