Re: [8023-10GEPON] D1.3 comment resolution

Dear Glen;

Sorry to hear the rejection of my input comments to be considered for
this mtg, but I do respect your decision.

I hope some of my comments will be captured by others so I donot have to
duplicate the work. Other than that, I do have a couple of major
concerns. Worry about too late for D2.0 in July, so I'd like to hereby
bring the group attention as follows:

1) Stressed RX sensitivity OMA (or AOP).
D1.3 clearly state "The stressed Receiver sensitivity is mandatory" for
all the PMD RX characteristics such as in Table 91-6, 91-7 and 91-11.
These are critical module interfaces which requires highly interoperable
and should be well specified. But I have seen NOWHERE indicate the
testing procedures specifying how such numbers are measured. I believe
the draft exists a big hole here.

If you recall, stressed RX sens is just optional or informative for 1G
EPON. Now D1.3 is defining big procedural change for 10G EPON for such
parameters. My suggestion is there exist big hole, and the group need to
add one sub-clause for defining the testing methodology accordingly.

I believe its good start from 60.7.11 (Stressed receive conformance
test), but I doubt it was carefully verified in the past.

2) Allocation for penalties.

My feeling the group did give considerable thoughts on link penalties
such as in Table 91-12 and 91-13. But that was done before defining
critical parameters such as TX specs, RX settling time etc. I suggest
the group now it's time to revisit such specs, so ensure we are not
specifying sth. unnecessarily too tight.

In short, my suggestion is to relax penalty values. Also there is need
to call on measurement data on such parameters if possible.

3) 91.7 Dual-rate operation

I understand this clause is informative. As discussed with Frank E, I
highly suspect the 3dB splitter approach for optical domain is viable
and feasible.
Any further modeling or exp. data to prove it functional is highly
recommended.

Besides, I will try to coordinate my comments for RMS during this mtg.

Thanks for attention
Frank