[8023-10GEPON]

Dr. Glen Kramer and All :

       Although I already registered on 4 June for the plenary session in Denver and made the hotel reservation as well, I am still not sure that I can get a visa in time for attending the session. From the visa department of US consulate general in Shanghai I only get an one entrance visa each time and need to repeat the application process again for the next meeting. The process always takes long because my material is sent to Washington D.C. for investigation.

Anyway I am reading through the Draft1.8023 and the proposed comments responses and trying to understand them.

As indicated by Dr. Duane Remein that There are some conflicting comments.

      To comment 1531 from Jeff the response says Accepted in principle while to comment 1566 from Eric the response says Accepted. So there are two solutions to the same problem in delay variation happened in PCS Idle Insertion state diagrams Figure 92-26 and Figure 92-27.

I tried simulation using the software package provided by Eric Lynskey and proved that the alternative state diagram on slide 6 of 3av_0807_lynskey_1.pdf is really good which provides a delay of 16 TQ without any variation for the frame length from 64 to 1522bytes.

But in the simulation for the modified version of Figure 92-26 and Figure 92-27 proposed by Jeff Mandin. I met some difficulties in make the program running. I found in the modified Figure 92-27 from 3av_0807_mandin _1.pdf there is no output for the state “InFrame” when T_Type(Next Code)=T. This may be the reason the program was interrupted. Therefore I have made a modification to  Mandin’s model for Figure92-27. I hope TF members to give a check  to see if the change is reasonable

Since TF needs only one solution to a problem we should choose a best solution from all possible alternatives for the next Draft.

I am also very interested in the effort to have a joint meeting with power saving TF.

Thanks.

Rujian Lin

Shanghai Luster Teraband Photonics, Co. Ltd.