From: David Law [mailto:David_Law@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 9:45 AM
To: STDS-802-3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3] July plenary meeting - updated information

Colleagues:

The draft agenda for the IEEE 802.3 July Opening Plenary meeting is now
available at [ http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/jul08/0708_agenda_open.pdf
]. The IEEE 802.3 Voting member list, IEEE 802.3 Potential voter list and
IEEE 802.3 Voters in peril lists are also now available at [
http://www.ieee802.org/3/minutes/jul08/index.html ].

In addition, as previously announced, there will be a joint IEEE
802.3/802.1 meeting during the plenary. This meeting will take place on
Wednesday between 8:00AM and 10:00AM. Items to discussed at the meeting
are:

[1] IEEE 802.1 Audio-Visual Bridging. This will be a short update on the
latest IEEE 802.1 Audio-Visual Bridging proposals with a focus on the need
for any changes and to the IEEE 802.3 standard to support this project.

[2] IEEE P802.3az Energy-efficient Ethernet. This will a short update on
the latest IEEE P802.3az Energy-efficient Ethernet proposals with a focus
on how these may impact the assumptions made by IEEE 802.1 about the IEEE
802.3 MAC, in particular latency.

[3] IEEE 802.3 use of LLDP and the IEEE Std 802.1AB Revision project. Both
IEEE P802.3at and IEEE 802.3az are proposing to use LLDP TLVs in their
amendments. Areas to coordinate on are: [a] Is IEEE 802.3 using the
protocol in the way that was intended, [b] How will the SNMP MIBs be
generated, [c] What should be the approach to documenting our use of these
TLVs, in IEEE 802.3 or IEEE 802.1.

Best regards,
  David Law
  Chair, IEEE 802.3 Working Group