From: Akihiro OTAKA [mailto:ootaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 3:12 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [8023-10GEPON] power saving Ad-hoc

Dear all,

This is Akihiro Otaka.
As announced by the chair, we formed the power-saving
ad-hoc in the July meeting.
If you are interested in this ad-hoc, please contact
me.

Our objectives are following;
1) Quantify typical power consumption of various
  units/functions in ONU and OLT.
2) Propose solution(s) and quantify potential power
  savings of each solution and cost impacts.
3) Quantify the impact on service delivery and QoS
  of various solutions.

I'd like to start with item (1),
to study what kind of power-saving (which part should
  be power-saved) is effectve in the PON system.
And any contributions are appriciated.

Best regards,
Akihiro Otaka. (NTT)