[8023-10GEPON] Proposed responses on the web and plan for September meeting

Dear task force members,

The proposed responses for comments received against draft P802.3av/D2.0 are posted at http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2008_09/3av_0809_comments_d2_0_proposed.pdf.

While working on the proposed responses, the editors found it necessary to make a number of changes to some of the submitted comments. These changes included modifying comment type and/or comment clause to better reflect the scope of the submitted comment. All such changes are documented in
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2008_09/3av_0809_comments_d2_0_changes.pdf.

With 742 submitted comments, we will have four very intense days in Seoul. To speed up the comment resolution process to be able to resolve all comments, throughout the meeting I will ask participants to identify all comments they wish to discuss. Since the proposed responses have been provided, all responses that did not receive any requests for discussion will be accepted by a single motion at the end of the meeting.

Our deadline for any presentations not related to comment resolution, is Monday, September 8th, AoE (See http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/presentproc.html ). However, please keep in mind that our main focus at the September meeting will be resolving all comments, which is necessary to be able to produce draft D2.1 and have a recirculation ballot before the November meeting.

While we have an active ad hoc studying power consumption and potential power saving solutions, due to volume of comments I cannot guarantee that we will have time to hear the ad hoc's report or have any discussion on this topic in September. If any time is left after resolving all comments, standalone presentations (including that from the power saving ad hoc) will be allocated timeslots in the order the requests for agenda time were made.

Sincerely,
Glen Kramer
Chair, IEEE P802.3av "10GEPON" Task Force
glen.kramer@xxxxxxxx

Glen