From: Frank Effenberger [mailto:feffenberger@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: quarta-feira, 17 de Setembro de 2008 4:11
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [8023-10GEPON] Revised text for the FEC locking state machine

All,

Attached is a document that has the small changes that try to address the issues raised in the meeting yesterday.

The key items are:

1)     The bug wherein the Append_Inbuffer function could get messed up by bit errors has been fixed.  The IF statement now operates by looking at the sh_cnt variable, which is immune to received errors.

2)     Gearbox doesn’t exist problem ? The revised text gets rid of references to this object that doesn’t exist.  It gives a description of a “conceptual model” wherein the 16 bit bus from the PMA is first serialized, and then deserialized to a 66 bit wide bus.  It leaves the option open to implement it in a different way, but it does make the explicit requirement that a 66bit block is produced every 6.4ns.

I think that this covers the outstanding issues.  If I missed something or you have questions, please respond to me, so we can fine tune this off line, and not consume valuable meeting time.

Sincerely,

Dr. Frank J. Effenberger      弗兰克 埃芬博格

Huawei Technologies USA

1700 Alma Drive, Plano TX 75075