Re: [8023-10GEPON] FW: Downstream wavelength

Title: FW: Downstream wavelength
Hi Marek,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I had to be out of the office early this morning.

I showed some wavelength bands on slide 3 that I didn't show later, brown upstream wavelengths for 1 and 10 Gb/s (I am not addressing upstream in this comment), and for today's downstream (green, also not the subject of this comment, but I wanted to show how wide the filter transition region is today compared with what we are proposing).  Slide 5 and following should show blue for my proposed reduced broadcast (auxiliary) wavelength, and slides 5-6 show brown for the ideal and practical filter passbands for 1577 nm.  Slides 7-8 should show orange for a 1590 nm downstream wavelength.  I will try to convert to .pdf and resend in case there are any issues with power point.  I am having problems with the conversion on my computer, so it may be a few hours before I can send it.

Regarding the height of the bands, no, there is no significance to that.  I made them different heights to help distinguish one from another.  I do note, though, that a broadcast optical carrier must arrive at the ONT on the order of 20-25 dB higher than the data carrier.

Thanks,
jim

Jim Farmer, K4BSE
Chief Network Architect,