From: Glen Kramer [mailto:glen.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 3:26 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [8023-10GEPON] Downstream wavelength

Jim,

It is good that you posted it on the reflector, so that it can be discussed before the meeting.

If you also want to present it in Dallas, you need to make a procedural decision.

Do you want me to treat this presentation as a supplement to your comment 2663 or as a standalone presentation?

If it is a supplement to a comment, it will be discussed together with the comment. But the deadline for comments and supplements has passed on October 22nd. I can upload it to the reflector, but you will need TF’s approval (>=50%) to present it. (The TF has not refused anyone from presenting a post deadline submission yet, but as you understand, past history is not an indication of future performance…)

If it is a standalone presentation, the deadline is Monday, November 3rd, so you are not late yet. But a standalone presentation will not be scheduled until we are done with all our comments. If comment resolution takes too long, we may not even get a chance to hear your presentation and will defer it to January. (The number of comment is not too big this time, so it is unlikely that we will run out of time. But again, there are no guarantees, as we can get stuck on some topics.)

Please, let me know how I should treat your slides. In either case, please submit a pdf with a filename as outlined here: http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/presentproc.html

Thank you,

Glen