[8023-10GEPON] Preliminary draft available for review

Dear task force members,

Our editors have made a preliminary version D2.1.5 of the draft available for preview. The plain version is available at http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/private/draft_2_1_5/3av_D2_1_5_plain.pdf

A version showing the differences between D2.1 and D2.1.5 is located at http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/private/draft_2_1_5/3av_D2_1_5_diff.pdf

This intermediate draft is posted only for verification that the changes to the draft were implemented correctly according to the approved comment resolutions, as recorded in http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2008_11/3av_0811_comments_d2_1_accepted.pdf.

(In some cases, editors had to deviate from the accepted D2.1 comment resolutions. All such deliberate deviations are explained in the editor's Implementation Notes posted at http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/private/draft_2_1_5/3av_0811_comments_d2_1_5_notes.pdf.)

I ask the task force members, and especially comment authors, to review D2.1.5 and let the editors know as soon as possible, if you find any inaccuracies or discrepancies with the accepted comment responses. The editors will be collecting this information until Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008. At that time, D2.2 will be prepared.

I again want to emphasize that this is not a draft review cycle; we are only verifying the implementation of the accepted comment resolutions. If, while reviewing the draft D2.1.5, you find a new issue, please defer it until the 3rd recirculation ballot on D2.2 begins on December 3rd, and then submit a comment against D2.2 (or against a later draft, if this is not a major issue).

Sincerely,

Glen Kramer
Chair, IEEE P802.3av "10GEPON" Task Force
glen.kramer@xxxxxxxx