Re: [8023-10GEPON] Preliminary draft available for review

Dear Colleagues,

If you looked at the posted Implementation Notes (http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/private/draft_2_1_5/3av_0811_comments_d2_1_5_notes.pdf) you may have noticed that in the FEC_Overhead() formula constant FEC_CODEWORD_SIZE was replaced with FEC_PAYLOAD_SIZE.

For the sake of complete transparency, I believe this needs additional explanation.

FEC_PAYLOAD_SIZE is indeed a correct constant in this formula. The correct constant was used in D2.1, and in the previously-posted simulation files. Only the pdf supplement I submitted for the meeting showed incorrect constant name (3av_0811_kramer_2.pdf). Sometime before the November meeting, Prof. Lin pointed to me that my presentation shows incorrect constant and I fixed it in the ppt.

I believe the correct version was presented at the meeting. Unfortunately, I forgot to submit an updated version of the pdf file. So, there was a dilemma for editors which version to use: presented, discussed, and approved, or the one posted on the web. Currently, draft D2.1.5 uses the correct version as was shown to the task force (and the correct pdf was just uploaded to the web as well).

Thank you and apologies for forgetting to upload the correct pdf on time.

Glen