Re: [10GMMF] Task 1 telecon today - DMD data forthcoming

Richard and all,
 The fiber manufacturers are gathering DMD data which I am collecting to form the content of a presentation.  I have received data as of this morning from three manufacturers.  There are some questions about the data that must be resolved before the presentation can be completed. This collection of 62.5 um DMD @ 1300 nm will hopefully demonstrate the need to improve the proposed 81-fiber model.  The data shows the presence of DMD structures that are not represented sufficiently or at all in the perturbation model.  These features are likely important for arriving at a robust solution.  The types of profile features captured within this DMD data include:

1.        variation in the radial width of perturbations at the core center,
2.        central perturbation complexity such as index peaks surrounding a dip,
3.        mid-radial alpha (power-law) shifts occurring at a variety of radial positions,
4.        multiple alpha shifts along the mid-radial region,
5.        abrupt changes in alpha over a very short radial interval (“kinks”) occurring at various radial positions.

This information will be released as soon as possible.

Regards,
Paul Kolesar
SYSTIMAX® SOLUTIONS
1300 East Lookout Drive