From: Bruce Tolley [mailto:btolley@CISCO.COM]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 8:21 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GMMF] Feature Request for 10GMMF

Val and all:

To address the 2nd point Val made earlier in the thread in regard to SM
fiber support.

Just to clear, I still stand by the decision we made in the SG to support
MM fiber only with the project. We started the discussions of the tradeoffs
early on in the ad hoc which continued in the SG and all agreed that with
the aim of a lower cost, simpler solution I we had to optimize the solution
for MM fiber, both installed legacy MM fiber and the newer OM3 fiber.

Thanks

Bruce