Re: [10GMMF] Next TP3 meeting Tue 17 Aug 9am PDT--65 DMD centroid curves

This was the 2nd file, also too big for reflector, which I've forwarded to Piers
        for the FTP site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Abbott, John S Dr
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 10:17 AM
To: 'IEEE 802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM'
Subject: RE: [10GMMF] Next TP3 meeting Tue 17 Aug 9am PDT--65 DMD centroid curves

This is some work for the channel modeling adhoc task1 subgroup which
        may be useful to TP3. I've broken it into two parts to keep file
        size down.

This 2ND *.pdf has the DMD centroid curves.

Most fibers have the BW improved in shifting from an OFL launch
        to an offset launch.  The ones whose improvement may not be enough
        for 10GbE, and which are the challenge for EDC (assuming an offset launch),
        have profile errors in mid-profile which we might call "alpha errors". What
        this means if one looks at the centroid curve is that it's not flat at the
        radius corresponding to the offset launch.

John Abbott