Re: [10GMMF] Measured 62MMF connector loss with various offsets

Joerg,
thanks for the experimental validation.  One explanation for the differences between David's calculations and your measurements might be the tolerance on the offset launch position within the offset launch patch cord.  The spec is 20 +/- 3 um for a 62 um fiber.  I believe cords at the high end of this range (i.e. 23 um offset) would tend produce a launch that causes higher loss than cords at the lower end (i.e. 17 um offset).

David,
did you model a nominal (i.e. 20 um) offset?

Regards,
Paul Kolesar
SYSTIMAX® SOLUTIONS
1300 East Lookout Drive
Richardson, TX 75082
Phone:  972.792.3155
Fax:      972.792.3111
eMail:   pkolesar@systimax.com

"Joerg-R. Kropp" <Joerg.Kropp@INFINEON.COM>
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

08/20/2004 10:47 AM
Please respond to "IEEE 802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM"