[10GMMF] Loss of worst case test configuration

Hi everyone,
In the discussion for the worst case test configuration there was some discussion about the loss of connector transverse offsets if the 70/70% launch condition (which should represent the so called steady state power distribution) is applied.
I calculated the connector loss vers transverse offset for various launch conditions including the 70/70% launch.
It turns out that the loss with the 70/70% launch is somewhat larger than the 23µm offset launch. Therefore the total loss of our worst case test configuration would be larger than 1,5dB if such 70/70% launch would be applied.

It is common agreement today to use the defined offset patchcord and I do not want to change that but I want to share the results for the sake of completeness because it shows the sensitivity of our selection on the launch conditions.

Joerg

Infineon Technologies Fiber Optics GmbH
MOD CE
Dr. Joerg-R. Kropp