Here is a proposed agenda for the TP2 call on 10/14. I will be traveling,
and Norm Swenson will be hosting the call.
Dial-in details (same as before).
- Approve agenda
- Review TP2 portion of Ottawa motion
- Develop details of penalty (waveform capture) method
- Add editor's note to the next draft that the penalty method is under
- Work on an improved mask method that is effective in distinguishing
correctable vs. uncorrectable impairments
- Expand the current editor's note to say that all mask details are
preliminary and under development
- Other objectives from/since Ottawa?
- Review TP2/TP3/budget presentation given in TP3 call 10/12 (if needed);
- Links TP2 penalty limit to TP3 stress and to penalty term in a proposed
- Suggests penalty value of 5 dB
- Proposes using PIE-D or equivalent for budgeting
- Next steps
- To determine budget needs, test/simulate EDC penalties for
realistic TP2 waveshapes and degradations over 108-fiber set .
- Mask method improvements?
- Plan next call(s)
- Discuss association with TP3 group for budgeting
Comments in advance? If anyone wants to add agenda items, please send your
requests to Norm. Norm, feel free to adjust it as appropriate.