From: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Tom Lindsay
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 11:12 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GMMF] the task 4 meeting today.

Hi Yu -

Please be careful with the use of 30 psec for Tx in your simulations of PIE metrics. We have used 30 psec to help determine ways to emulate fibers for TP3 testing, but there is no expectation that 30 psec will be used in TP2 specification or an actual TP3 test condition. At the end of Ottawa, the thinking was that if a Gaussian pulse is used, its rise and fall times should not be less than 47.1 psec. TP2 studies are underway to help determine actual requirements.

Thanks, Tom