From: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of Bottacchi.external@INFINEON.COM
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 12:53 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GMMF] (10GMMF) revised task 2 and 4 minutes for 1 Dec 04

Steve,
I appreciate your comments. I am working on both directions, meaning theoretical and experimental in order to have as much as complete view as possible. I have some theoretical concerns about PIE-D really gives right predictions on EDC capabilities. We are now relating BER data with PIE-D for real test link. This would support the discussion. PIE-D calculates the eye closure relative to the residual ISI after MMSE took place ignoring noise enhancement from the high frequency boosting in the FFE section. In addition, for close eye diagram in the presence of noise EDC fails to lock and synch loss is detected. That would be the plan for Vancouver. I will keep you update.

Have a Merry Christmas...!

Stefano