From: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Paul Kolesar
Sent: Freitag, 17. Dezember 2004 01:35
To: STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GMMF] Task 2 and 4 slides for Dec15th - OM3 fibre measurements

Joerg,
I believe I've answered my first question.  The OFL line is the raw OFL BW at 1300 nm not normalized to GHz-km, simply GHz.  The value is 0.5GHz-km/0.3km = 1.67GHz.  Correct?

Paul

Paul Kolesar <PKOLESAR@SYSTIMAX.COM>
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@ieee.org

12/16/2004 05:38 PM
Please respond to
"IEEE P802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM" <stds-802-3-10gmmf@ieee.org>

STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
cc
Subject
Re: [10GMMF] Task 2 and 4 slides for Dec15th - OM3 fibre measurements

Joerg,

In your and Stefano's contribution to Task2/4  this week you provide bandwidth plots on the right side of three slides showing the trend with offset.  I have two questions:

1. In each of these there is a horizontal line at about 1.6 GHz-km that appears to be labeled OFL.  Is this the OFL BW at 850 nm?

2. The horizontal axis is labeled "radius of launch (um)".  This can be interpeted in two ways.  Is it the encircled flux radius at perhaps 86% level, or (more likely) the offset radius of the launch?

Thanks in advance for the clarifications.

Paul Kolesar

"Joerg-R. Kropp" <Joerg.Kropp@INFINEON.COM>
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG

12/15/2004 09:21 AM
Please respond to
"IEEE P802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM" <stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG>

STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
cc
Subject
Re: [10GMMF] Task 2 and 4 slides for Dec15th - OM3 fibre measurements

Jonathan and all,

please find enclosed further simulations about the OM3 transmission and our proposal based on that simulations.

I hope it will be possible to discuss that today.
I have to cut the presentation into two because of the 100k limit.

Joerg-R. Kropp

Infineon Technologies Fiber Optics GmbH
MOD CE

Dr. Joerg-R. Kropp

Senior Staff Expert

Wernerwerkdamm 16

D-13629 Berlin / Germany

Phone -49-30-85400-4918

Fax     -49-30-85400-4900

Mail     joerg.kropp@infineon.com

[attachment "OM3 Fiber EFD PIED1.pdf" deleted by Paul F Kolesar/CommScope]