Approve old minutes
Progress on tasks and distribution of work (see
within previous minutes, below)
Plans for next call (1/20/05)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 11:06
Subject: [10GMMF] Notes for TP2 call
- Nick Weiner
- Jan Peeters Weem
- Piers Dawe
- Greg Lecheminant
- Martin Lobel
- Tom Lindsay
- John Jaeger
- Pavel Zivny
- Norm Swenson
- Lew Aronson
- Ali Ghiasi
- Others who did not ID?
Agenda discussed and approved (see below)
Previous minutes/notes from 12/23 approved
- Objective - resolve as many details as possible by/before comment
deadline Jan 7th, 05
- Waveform capture method
- Trigger block & timing of pattern key
- ACTION - Pavel to write detailed comment and submit by 1/7.
Tom to help if needed.
- Noise and jitter control
- ACTIONS - Pavel to write detailed comment and submit by 1/7.
Tom to help if needed.
- Pattern definition
- Little progress since last call. Actions are from the previous
- Choose top 5 patterns with widest variety of 9 bit blocks
and white power spectral density. Keep final disparity values below
- Running disparity and max run lengths may be additional
criteria, but no clear conclusions on call.
- ClariPhy (and others?) to run selected patterns through
waveshapers and penalty simulator. Compare to
- EDC simulation tool
- Norm presented updated summary document of basic approach and
- Laser response should be transmitter response. It is measured
with a filter during capture.
- Some confusion about "reference receiver" between this document and
802.3ae. This should be reviewed and made clear.
- The reference receiver in this document is based on a matched
filter to an ideal rectangular input stream that has a white noise
spectral density that is 14.97 dB below the OMA of that input
- The reference receiver in 802.3ae is an instrument with overall
7.5 GHz Bessel Thomson response.
- Noise filtering is required for anti-aliasing. Preferences stated to
filter only noise with Bessel Thomson (signal already filtered during
acquisition). Some discussion that signal filtering may not match noise
spectrum in an actual receiver. Present approach may be slightly
- ClariPhy is close to releasing MATLAB code for review. If interested
in reviewing the code, contact Norm Swenson.
- ACTIONS - new
- ClariPhy to test sensitivity of filter configurations.
With channels, affect of anti-aliasing filter may be
- Lew to check with several TIA suppliers to compare typical
signal filtering with noise spectrum.
- Tom to do some editorial work and submit document in
comment by 1/7. DONE.
- ACTIONS - carryover
- Corroborate result against PIE-D with common
linear pulse shapes (including 47.1 psec Gaussian).
- Prepare presentation for Jan meeting to capture
evolution developed in TP2 con-calls since
Waveforms & penalty plots
- Not discussed, but more waveforms from more companies are desired.
- Future plots should add 47.1 psec Gaussian for
- Rise/fall times
Nick introduced that rise/fall times, combined with the mask test,
may be necessary and sufficient for ensuring TP2 dispersion
Group responded that waveform capture method seems to be
progressing well and should work even in cases where waveform might not
Brief discussion about transmitter stability and method
sensitivities concluded that in any case, sensitivities need to be
determined and guardbanded by supplier.
Original Message -----
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:40 PM
[10GMMF] Reminder for TP2 call 1/6/05