[10GMMF] TP3 and RE: Dear comment contributors

Nick,
I understand your need to move things along at the Atlanta meeting. I
understand your objection to comments without an exact change specified.
However there is a dilemma here that must be solved.
A problem with the TP3 stressed sensitivity test was raised on the reflector
a few weeks ago (see
<http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/aq/public/upload/ImplicationsofFiniteE
qualizerPenaltiesforTP3.pdf>).
John Ewen made a similar comment, which was also marked "PROPOSED REJECT." A
key figure in committee leadership has told me by personal email that he
agrees there is a finite equalizer issue that should be addressed,
especially w/r to heavy pre-cursor ISI.
A new set of specific IPR's that remove this deficiency are best generated
collaboratively by the TP3 group, using a common seive code that all agree
with.
However TP3 has not met since Vancouver. Specific experts on the stressed
sensitivity test have expressed agreement/disagreement with the the
suggested deficiency neither on the reflector nor privately. There sieve
code is not a public tool, such as TP2 provided for TWDP.
There are many ways to address this, including posting a public sieve tool
and/or actively addressing the issue collaboratively. Perhaps a motion
directing TP3 to do so is better than a comment. Better still would be
voluntary active discussion of the topic.
Robert
Robert Lingle, Jr
Fiber Design and Development
OFS R&D, Atlanta, GA