Re: [10GMMF] TP2 call 3/24/05

All - here is a proposed agenda for tomorrow's call.
  • Attendance
  • Set agenda
  • Discussions
    1. Preliminary simulation results of measured waveform penalties vs. EQ lengths for three D1.1 TP3 channels
    2. Format for uploaded measured waveforms (see below)
    3. Prioritize, assign WG task list (see below)
    4. Other proposed topics?
  • Next call

Measured waveforms - before uploading, can each waveform be pre-processed, where pre-processing includes resampling to #nn samples per UI, truncated, and time-aligned?  If so,
  • Can suppliers of waveforms they take responsibility for their pre-processing?
  • Set #nn = 16.
  • Can the waveform be aligned to the pattern or vice versa?
Per WG task list (see http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/aq/public/upload/TP2planningforWG.ppt) -
  • Noise
    • 95 (back reflection spec or method/setup)
    • 98 (AC coupling?)
  • Jitter
    • 108 (jitter waveform figure)
    • 147 (uncorrelated jitter magnitude)
  • TWDP
    • 96 (editorial updates to code)
    • 146 (channels, EQ lengths, limits)
      • consideration of real Tx’s
      • work with TP3
  • 83 (OMA definitions – critical)
  • Test patterns (no comment #)
  • Mask
    • 145 (role of PE waveforms and impact to mask)
    • 64 (low cutoff frequency for mask test)
  • Others?

Tom