[10GMMF] TP3 call: Meeting reminder April 19

Hello all,

This is a meeting announcement for the TP3 teleconference.

The next TP3 call will occur on Tuesday, April 19, 2005

9:00 am PDT, 12 Noon EDT, 17:00 UK, 18:00 Germany

United States toll-free dial in: 888-387-8686
International dial in: + 1 303-928-3281
"Conference Room" Number: 4703482

At last week's call, we agreed without dissent that the TP3 stressors will be chosen from the union of the stressors already in the draft standard and of the stressors computed by John Ewen and presented in the following message on the reflector:
 <<http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GMMFSG/email/msg00767.html>>

Goals for the call:

1) At last week's call, two presentations were made recommending specific impulse responses chosen from the above pool of stressors.
I believe that it will NOT be a good use of time on this week's call to debate the merits of those presentations, so I want to focus on the informative test while people continue to consider the proposals and the existing draft.

2) If we elect to change the comprehensive test stress level, then the stress level of the informative test also needs to change.  We have not reached consensus on the comprehensive test stressors, but I think we can make progress on the informative test by agreeing on three main issues:
	a) What is the appropriate stress level on the informative test compared to the comprehensive test.  Should it be more difficult or less difficult.  What should be the offset in stress level (and how shall we define stress level)?
	b) What is the appropriate input signal level for the test and what are the ramifications of this?
	c) Can we approve a function which converts "stress level and offset" into rise/fall time required for the standard?

3) In support of 2c, I have asked Sudeep Bhoja and Tom Lindsay (the people who did the calculations for what we have in the draft standard) to prepare a table of rise/fall times versus PIE-D.  I believe that one or both of them will be ready for the meeting.

Thank you very much, and I hope to hear you on Tuesday.

As a courtesy to others, you may wish to mute your telephone line while listening.
Here are the commands:

*6 Mutes line

*7 Un-mutes line

- Jim McVey