[10GMMF] TP3 call: Meeting reminder April 26

Hello all,

This is a meeting announcement for the TP3 teleconference.

The next TP3 call will occur on Tuesday, April 26, 2005

9:00 am PDT, 12 Noon EDT, 17:00 UK, 18:00 Germany

United States toll-free dial in: 888-387-8686
International dial in: + 1 303-928-3281
"Conference Room" Number: 4703482

At last week's call, we agreed without dissent that the parameters of the informative test should be coupled to the comprehensive test in the following manner:

1) The PIE-D of the informative test waveform shall be equal to the maximum PIE-D of the three stressor waveforms of the comprehensive test.  As background, the group felt that since the simple, symmetrical waveform of the informative test has a smaller difference between PIE-D and the finite equalizer penalties PIE-D(x,y) compared to the stressors of the comprehensive test,  there was some "test margin" built in to the informative test.

2) The 20%-80% rise/fall time parameter will be chosen from a table computed by Sudeep Bhoja and presented in an e-mail to the reflector. Sudeep has agreed to update this table to add a column for unfiltered rise/fall time which is for reference only.  The first version of the table can be found here: <<http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GMMFSG/email/msg00779.html>>

3) Simple linear interpolation will be used with the table to determine the exact rise/fall time.

4) Since the informative test calls out an OMA test level which is below the specified range, a note should be added to the informative test and test parameters to highlight this fact.

Also on last week's call, the issue of the noise loading in the comprehensive test came up.  There have been rumblings that the noise level in the draft is not correct.

For this weeks call, I would like to see if we can get to the bottom of the noise question.

Lew A., Tom L., Nick W.:
Since you guys were heavily involved in the noise calculation last time, can you please be ready to review for us how the numbers in the draft were determined.

If there are any members who can speak to RIN and Modal Noise, that would be good, too.

Thank you very much, and I hope to hear you on Tuesday.

As a courtesy to others, you may wish to mute your telephone line while listening.
Here are the commands:

*6 Mutes line

*7 Un-mutes line

- Jim McVey