Re: [10GMMF] Update on May05 TF meeting

Paul,
I too am sorry noytbto be at the meeting.

I believe Jim and Nick have clarified the process with David Law and others. They will clarify the process in person at the meeting.
As far as I understand it the brief summary is as follows:

 The Task Force votes on a proposed response to a comment. The vote is on what is entered into the response box.

Possible entries into the response box are:

  1. “Accept”;
  2. “Accept in principle” together with a new remedy;
  3. “Reject” together with an explanation.
The first proposed response to get 75% approval of the TF is the response to the comment.

A comment remains open until a response is agreed by the committee with a 75% vote.

Once a response has been voted "in" it can only be considered again if a motion to reconsider is made and passed.

Responses to a currently open comment that have previously failed should not be reconsidered without a motion to reconsider.  New responses with some difference compared to failed ones can be considered - until one gets consensus.

If at the end of comment review of the draft there are comments that, after reasonable effort on behalf of the committee, a response could not be agreed on - then they remain open comments.  I believe open comments must be published along with future versions of the draft.

Paul, in an email it is hard to cover all cases. Hopefully, Jim and Nick can clarify this is person at the meeting.

There is no need to vote to accept the comments as valid this should happen naturally as a result of what is put into the response box.

Regards,
David