Re: [10GMMF] 10GMMF Connector loss budget - comment 187 to D2.0

Thank you, Jonathan.  I really appreciate your follow-through on this assignment.  Look's to me like we should just leave everything alone and not mess with the link budget or receiver test levels.

- Jim McVey

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan King [mailto:jking@BIGBEARNETWORKS.COM]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 5:12 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [10GMMF] 10GMMF Connector loss budget - comment 187 to D2.0

Dear all
re comment 187 from Piers Dawe on connector loss
I think this is a reasonable summary of the task 2 work on connector
loss to date - please comment freely.

In summary
A couple of contributors have confirmed 0.5dB offset loss at 7um for a
23um OSL patchcord - I believe this would preclude a reduction of
connector loss budget for mode conditioning patchcord launches

But a centre launch would be expected to have no offset loss at 7um
offset, so there is up to 1dB of connector loss 'over-budgeted' for the
centre launch.

The question is how can or should this be included in the specification?

best wishes

 Jonathan

tel: 1 408 524 5110
e-mail: jking@bigbearnetworks.com