[10GMMF] Reminder for TP2 call 6/28/05

  • Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 (TP3 will not be holding a call next week, and several on the call stated a preference for Tuesday).
  • Time: 9:00 AM Pacific
  • Duration: 1:30 max
  • Number: 401-694-1515
  • Access code: 421721#
Tom

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 2:21 PM
Subject: [10GMMF] Minutes for TP2 call 6/23/05

Attendance
  • Ernie Bergmann
  • Gaurov Maholtra
  • John Ewen
  • Norm Swenson
  • Tom Lindsay
  • Piers Dawe
  • Mike Dudek
  • Jan Peeters Weem
  • Petar Pepeljugoski
  • Vivek Telang
  • Joe Gwinn

Agenda
  • Per the meeting announcement.

Discussion (TWDP)
  • A presentation for organizing the call was uploaded. See http://ieee802.org/3/aq/public/upload/TWDPworkafterLondon.pdf.
  • Agreement on objectives for the call (slide 2).
  • Agreement on the decisions required (slide 3).
    • The first 3 decisions are strongly coupled.
    • Some comments about other tests, but our actions are to resolve TWDP comments. If other tests are required, they should be submitted as comments.
  • Agreement on basic steps required (slide 4).
  • EQ length (slide 6)
    • Discussion that pass/fail for TWDP should adjust for EQ length. Adjustment supported from budget for implementation penalty.
    • 14,6 proposed, 10,3 and 8,2 also mentioned as possibly being more typical today.
    • Agreement that test should not recommend any EQ configuration, so exact length used should not be interpreted as such. EQ configuration used should only represent a benchmark to which to compare and tradeoff with other implementation loss options. It need not be typical, but its results should correlate and be predictive of what would happen with other configurations.
    • Vivek agreed to study earlier results of TWDP results to quantify correlations among EQ length and measured waveforms and present findings and recommendations to the group.
    • TWDP limits should relate to TP3 stress to help assure link closure.
    • As a test of our TP2 work and the standard, receiver designers must determine if waveforms that pass TP2 test can be received within BER requirements; if not, committee must decide whether tests are okay or not.
  • Link closure metric (slide 7)
    • Agreement that correct options are listed.
    • We did not have agreement on what is best.
    • ClariPhy will simulate and compare preferred options across a range of measured waveforms and present findings and recommendations to the group.
  • Equalizability (slide 8)
    • Agreement that this is possibly covered by work on EQ length and link closure metrics and that no separate work is obvious at this time.
  • Data sequence (slide 9)
    • Not discussed due to lack of time.
    • Tom received and traded emails from/with John Ewen offering to help in this area.
    • The first work will be to test and/or simulate the current pattern and compare penalty results against the prbs9 pattern using a range of reasonable (expected to be compliant) waveshapes.

Next call