From: <David> <Cunningham> [mailto:david.cunningham@avagotech.com]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 8:54 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10GMMF@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [10GMMF] IEEE802.3aq will meet on Wednesday the 8th March 2006
to respond to comments on D3.1

Dear 802.3aq,

The Taskforce will meet on Wednesday 8th March during the IEEE 802.3 Plenary meeting week. The meeting will start at 0830 hrs with a nominal end time of 1800 hrs.  To ensure we finish on Wednesday we may be able to do some work during the evening. But we will have to break to attend part of the social as it is expected of us.

All 802.3 meetings are scheduled for the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center.  As always, the session announcement and current hotel availability information can be found through the "Next IEEE 802 Plenary session notice" link on the IEEE802.3 web page (www.ieee802.org/3).

As you may know the March plenary meeting overlaps the Optical Fiber Communications (OFC) conference. The main business days for OFC are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Unfortunately, this completely overlaps the period when taskforces can meet during the plenary week (Tuesday all day, Wednesday all day and Thursday morning). Many of the key members of the Taskforce need to be at OFC and the comment review meetings. The only way I can partially resolve the conflict is to plan to hold the LRM comment response meetings on Wednesday. As a minimum this will allow attendance at OFC on Tuesday. If on Wednesday the responses are efficiently generated and time consuming issues are allocated to a group of experts then it is possible to fly back to LA to attend OFC on Thursday. Hopefully some IEEE802.3aq participants will also attend the Thursday IEEE802.3 closing plenary meeting.

Regards,
David