IEEE 802.3 10Gb/s on FDDI-grade MM fiber
Study Group Procedures for Presenters
Requesting Presentation Time
- The presenter shall request time by Wednesday of the week preceding the meeting.
- Requests shall be submitted to
- The presenter shall provide the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presentation
- Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)
- Brief description of topic
- If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is missed, time will be provided on a best-effort basis following the completion of the regular agenda (or as deemed appropriate by the chair).
Presentation Style Guidelines
- Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of requested presentation time.
- Presentations must be submitted in PDF format. Neither the chair nor the Web Master will convert presentations to PDF format. Presentations not in PDF format will be returned.
- Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other decorative graphics.
- No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
- Presentation should be less then 1.4 MB.
- No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate pitches.
- No pricing, costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted. Relative costs, relative ASPs, etc. are permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of option 2).
- No company copyright or confidentiality statements. All presentations are posted to a publicly available web site. If the presentation is not ready for public disclosure, then it should not presented.
- To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:
- Title :- Title of presentation
- Subject :- IEEE 802.3 10Gb/s on FDDI-grade MMF Study Group
- Author :- Name(s) of author(s)
Uploading Presentations to the Web
- The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to the Web Master by Wednesday of the week preceding the meeting for publication to the 10 Gb/s on FDDI-grade MMF website.
- If the "presentation submission" deadline is missed, the presenter will be allowed to present only if hard copies or electronic copies (CD-ROM, PCMCIA flash card, USB drive, floppy disk) of the presentation are made available to the study group members at the beginning of the meeting during 'document distribution'. A PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation shall be made available to the Web Master prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Document Information Fields
The 'Document Information' fields in a PDF file can be entered as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat: Either use the menu options: 'File' -> 'Document Info'
-> 'General' or the shortcut CTRL-D.
- Adobe PDFWriter: When the 'Save PDF File As' dialog appears hit the
'Edit Document Info.' button, enter the information, and then hit the 'OK' button.
Return to IEEE 802.3 10Gb/s on MMF Study Group Home Page
Last Update: 17 Dec 03