Scrambling vs. Block Coding

Paul,

This is great discussion!

I've been around high-speed serial interfaces since my days with IBM
working on serial link for mainframes. I haven't been exposed to
scrambling techniques much simply because I'm used to transmission codes
which address reliable data transport in a substantially different
fashion. I believe that the same is true for many HSSG'ers coming from
the datacom side. Hopefully you and other "scramblers" will keep us on
our toes and ensure that the REQUIREMENTS for reliable data transport
are met and that all reasonable (coding) methods to meet those
requirements are thoroughly investigated.

As Paul points out it's all about contain the transmission frequencies,
thereby  improving the distance of any given technology.

--

--

--

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.    Tel: 650 210 8800 x101 or 408 370 9233
Principal Architect         Fax: 650 940 1898 or 408 374 3645
Transcendata, Inc.           Email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1029 Corporation Way              http://www.transcendata.com
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4305    Alt email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx