- To: stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Interface
- From: Haim Shafir <hshafir@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 19:54:23 -0700
- Cc: oprescu <oprescu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maybe before we decide on an interface
we should understand what distance 10GBE
has to cover and what jitter spec the xcvr
needs to meet. Are we talking about a building
a campus or a metropolitan network.
I started from the SONET side. The FC
and 1GB serdes use a single ended interface
and a nice strong PECL serial input.
the FC jitter spec more relaxed than Sonet.
Sonet devices use LVDS interface
I am not sure which is more suitable for 10GBE
From the circuit design point of view I prefer
PH 408-343-0192 cell 408-892-1838 fax 408-873-2642