Re: 10-Gigabit presentation for Idaho

Hello 10G'ers,

The presentation on the 10G-BASE-T approach, as well as the tutorial on
the Trellis coding used in 1000BASE-T, can be downloaded now from the
web as explained by David Law below.

Many thanks to David that took the time consuming job of putting my
tutorial on Trellis Coding for 1000BASE-T on a pdf format. This tutorial
has many figures and he rearranged the text page by page to avoid cutting
any figure in the middle. The tutorial will help you understand better the
10G-BASE-T proposal.

When I first described the 10G-BASE-T architecture, in an email to
the Reflector last Friday, my original intention was simple to share some
thoughts with you and hear your comments. Then things rolled very fast and
Idaho happened to be only 10 days ahead. As a result you might find many
details missing. However, I do think that the 10G-BASE-T architecture
is worth looking at sooner than later.  So here it is.

See you next week in Idaho.

Jaime E. Kardontchik
Micro Linear
San Jose, CA 95131