Re: Issues concerning 10GbE speed standards

Peter,

I don't know if you realize it or not, but you just gave a very good reason for
not implementing 8B/10B coding for a serial MAN/WAN PHY.  With fewer wavelengths
available over WDM systems, it makes MAN/WAN implementation costs higher per user
for given high bandwidths.  That economic issue makes the minor difference
between 8B10B  and scramble code electronics insignificant.

Roy Bynum,