RE: Issues concerning 10GbE speed standards

Note that the FEC schemes in SONET systems deployed today use in-band
carriage of
the FEC checkbits, so the line rate isn't changed. The checkbits are located
in unused SONET
overhead and typically consume only around 1% of the line bandwidth.

...Dave

David W. Martin
Nortel Networks
+1 613 765-2901