RE: Issues concerning 10GbE speed standards

> From: "Chang, Edward S" <Edward.Chang@xxxxxxxxxx>

> well designed semiconductor memory, error correction is not required.

I think that is an opinion, it is not a fact. A wish list perhalf?

> The reason I also elaborate the issue is that BER is measured without error
> corrections.  Error correction can not be used to claim the BER is improved.
> Otherwise, we will not have the universal referencing point in discussing
> the reliability of a link based on BER.
>
> ED Chang
> Unisys Corporation
> Edward.Chang@xxxxxxxxxx

I think BER measured without error correction indicates some sort
of the quality of the link, not its reliability. BER measured with error
correction shows the measurable link reliability.

Htran,

htran@xxxxxxxxx