RE: Distance Ad Hoc Summary from 6-28-99 Conference Call

Rich,

As you are fully aware, any member can bring forward motions, including
amendments.

The ad-hocs were missioned to work together to bring back amendments to
respective motions presented and tabled at the June meeting. If you
remember, we were at a near stalemate with a similar, albeit different
motion than the one you present below. When said motion is removed from the
table at the July meeting, the chair anticipates immediate amendments to be
requested.

If you, or anyone else, believes that direction taken by the ad-hocs is not
correct, you have adequate opportunity to bring forward your own solution.
The process is simple and well understood.

I you interpret my suggested process as being one of (from Webster): 1 : a
psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur
usually without hallucinations 2 : a tendency on the part of the individual
or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness
of others -- so be it.

From my perspective, it is simply trying to come up with a process that
gives us the highest probability of success, where success is defined as
passing a complete set of objectives to be included with a PAR.

Reference: for those of you who have not seen the offending recommendation:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/public/distance_adhoc/email/m
sg00027.html

jonathan