Re: Going the distance

The point has been made before that today customers are already going 5 to 10 Km
with 1000BASE-LX.  There should be no debate that it is a market requirement to
go 5 to 10 km with 10 GbE.

While I am willing to consider accepting  a conservative 2 to 3 km goal as the
official goal of the project,  we need to acknowledge that this is a
conservative goal and, as we get on with the work of the project , we should
investigate whether we can stretch this goal..

Bruce Tolley
3Com Corporation

Rich Taborek <rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 06/29/99 05:01:32 PM

Please respond to rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx