RE: re[2]: Why wrong LINE rate could cost dear

Brian and Ed_Lucent:

Thanks for valuable information.

Yes, with the controlled launch, the installed base MM fiber can reach 300
meter using 850 nm VCSEL, and reach 400 meter using 1300 nm FP laser, both
at 2.5 Gbps data rate.  I will present the data in Montreal.

Concerning the super MM fibers, I have studied their performance, and are
great.  Basically what they did is to avoid the mistakes industry did on the
existing MM fibers.  With the improved EMB of the installed base, they are
as good as the supper fibers.  However, there are terribly defected MM
fibers among the installed base; namely, excessive DMD fiber, which we have
to remove from the installed base.

Both the improved EBM, installed base, and the super fibers are needed to
serve industry needs.  They will co-exist to keep users happy.

Ed Chang
Unisys Corporation