Subject: 9.584640 Gbps
Author:  Non-HP-pbottorf (pbottorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw2
Date:    7/1/99 1:42 PM

Walter:

Do you think a speed objective for supporting either 9.584640 or 10.000
Gbps would be acceptable provided the speed was coupled to a particular
distance or PHY. This way we would not have both speed on any particular
PHY. This type of motion would, for instance allow a 10.0 on 100m and 550m
PHYs while using 9.584640 on 2 km, 10km, and 40 km PHYs.

Any thoughts?

Paul
Paul A. Bottorff, Director Switching Architecture
Bay Architecture Laboratory
Nortel Networks, Inc.
4401 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185
Tel: 408 495 3365 Fax: 408 495 1299 ESN: 265 3365
email: pbottorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx