Re: Distance objective <-> Install base objective

Jonathan,

Remember that the original intention of my motion was as a simplified
alternative to yours. Your motion listed many specific distances and media types
and touched upon specific PHY proposals. Mine specified only the support of a
widely known and accepted premises cabling standard.

Once again, it is the same objective specified for Gigabit Ethernet including
both 1000BASE-X and 1000BASE-T.

I believe that the same objective is easily attainable at ten times the data
rate. Most reflector traffic points out that this objective is too "easy" to
meet. Ten times the GbE data rate is not "easy". No one will argue this point. I
stand by the objective in my motion as being relevant and reasonable to kick off
a 10 Gigabit Ethernet standards project.

Best Regards,
Rich